'How we care for older people' conference
Our people are getting older and living longer. The Donaldson Report is brutally frank: ‘Transforming Your Care’ is not properly funded and won’t be properly implemented, and the way we care for older people is at the heart of the problem.
It’s recognised that early intervention is most cost-effective. There’s no part of our Health Service which is unaffected by inadequate services for our older people.
We are bringing together the professionals who know the problems and we would like you to be there to help point us towards solutions.
- Pensioners’ Parliament: Valuing the views of older people.
- Age NI: Policy perspectives.
- Royal College of Nursing: Valuing our workforce.
- Independent Health and Care Providers: Pressure in the Independent sector.
- Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority: Finance or quality first?
- Commissioner for Older People Northern Ireland: Can things be done differently?
This is a working conference: the aim is to produce practical recommendations which will be presented to the decision-makers to prevent the problem getting any worse.