We are looking for a talented Communications Officer. We want someone who understands politics, broadcast, press and online media, how to create and sell media stories, and how to support the political priorities of the party and our elected public representatives, including our MLAs.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Working with the SDLP Assembly Group to promote the party’s Assembly
policy and communications priorities;
2. Write press release, speeches, opinion articles, press briefs and web content
relating to party and Assembly Group priorities.
3. Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists, programme editors,
producers and other media in the social, political and economic spheres.
4. Support and develop a comprehensive media plan supporting the party’s
5. Managing social media accounts and proactively engaging and understanding
new social media outlets as they emerge.
6. Supporting the development of video, written and graphic content across all
digital and campaign channels including web, social and email.
7. Supporting and working with colleagues to provide training and expertise.
8. Ensure adequate monitoring of all media and social media output.
9. Providing weekend press cover on a rota with other communications staff.
Please contact [email protected] for an application form. Deadline for return of application form is 5pm on Thursday 20th May 2021.