The SDLP is expanding its Communications team. Reporting to the Chief Executive and Strategic Communications & Political Director, you will play a role at the heart of the SDLP. The candidate will have experience in the field of communications and policy development.
This is a fast-paced environment requiring excellent judgement, professionalism and engaging with a wide-range of stakeholders. You will be responsible for developing the party's policies, conducting research, and implementing communication strategies to articulate the party's positions on different issues. Additionally, your duties will include liaising with media, preparing press releases, managing social media presence, and collaborating with other team members to align communication efforts with the party's objectives and values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure elected representatives are accurately informed on key issues
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around policy development
- Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
- Lead on project work as required
- Prepare and present results for the purposes of briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions, articles and press releases
- Research and monitor local, regional and national media coverage online and through social media and brief elected representatives on relevant issues
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- To produce and present high quality written reports, briefing notes, and professional advice
- Undertake research on relevant policy areas as directed
- Assist in the compilation of briefing packs, including media briefing packs
- Assist in the writing of speeches
- Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
- Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels, including social media
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours, including assisting with events with the SDLP as requested
Interviews will be held week commencing 8th January 2024.